Thursday, November 13, 2008

crazy radicals!

I am so grateful to live in America and be able to voice my opinion so I am going to take that opportunity now! In South Ogden, Utah (not too far from me) an African American family came home after Pres. elect Obama was voted into office to hang an American flag in support. Later that night someone burned their flag. It was so moving for me to see Pres. elect Obama's speech and regardless if you supported him or not, you must admit it was a great moment in history. For me it was so amazing, finally we can tell our children anyone can be president. Regardless of race, religion or gender and it is true. Then to have these crazy radicals torch someones flag on their own front porch? This is a giant step back in my opinion. What gives them the right to put others lives in danger? If you don't like that Obama made it into office you will have a chance in 4 more years to change it. This family legally voiced their opinion...The crazy people that torched their flag did not. You can't vandalize someones property to make your point. Does anyone else find this repulsive? This was a hate crime! If you don't like the choice that the people of this great nation made, move somewhere that your choices are made for you.

5 comments:

Janna said...

I heard about that on the news. I thought it was ridiculous. I was inspired that after other people found out what had happened they covered their lawn with flags and showed tremendous support. It gave me hope that even though there are a lot of moron idiots out there, there are a lot of good people too.

Rush baby said...

Opinion aside, that was a shamefull act, this guy is a Moran. I think we are so afaid of being locked up for opposing this new President, like what happened during WW I. And I'm scared of my hard eatned dollar going, not to me, but to the bank of President Obama. It was never about race to me, it was about taxes and safety for me.

Rush baby said...

Shoot, my spelling is messed up. I meant hard earned dollor

Rush baby said...

If they catch the suspect, I really hope the lawyer won't use the "bad childhood" excuse. I hope the court throws their butt in prison

Fowler Family Blog said...

Hey Brittany,

Thanks for the advice it is nice to know there are other mothers out there like me. I am trying to get brave but man is it hard! Anyway you have a cute little family! And congrats on your baby girl that is on her way! Keep me posted on everything!
Collette